Thursday, February 26, 2009

Purple Martins Arriving


Day before yesterday the Scout was back. Boy what patience they have. I watch off and on all day as he sailed around for miles in the sky watching for the others to arrive. Yesterday evening, when it was their bedtime, I was surprised with three coming in to sleep. This evening there were still three, that I could tell. Sometimes they are already in the house and I may miss them.

I love to hear them, even inside their gourd houses they are still talking to each other.

The weather has been so beautiful this week, so it has been a great time for watching.

I am including an image of the full line of houses this post. The white building in the background is our little country grocery store, it is closed now and I have claimed it as my art studio (when I am not out watching Martins, or planting the field)!!

Hope you are getting ready for the Martins and the planting time!!

For now...Happy Gourding!!
The Gourd Lady of Rocky Mount, Louisiana, that is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment