Thursday, February 12, 2009

Purple Martins and Gourds



I hope you are enjoying the arrival of the Martins by this time. It is still early for us here, although I have heard they are in Shreveport, just 30 miles south of us.

In the mean time, we are outside cleaning up the multitude of pecan tree limbs that have accumulated on the ground this winter. We are so thankful that we did not get the tornadoes, nor did we have the horrible ice storm that many of you did have. You are in our prayers.

I would like to share a couple of very good gourd chart that I have located. There are many, many varieties of gourds around the world, but the chart has the main varieties, and is interesting.

The next posting, I will tell a little more about gourd crafting and important information you
may not always read about, and your health safety.
For now,
The Gourd Lady of Rocky Mount, Louisiana, that is.......

No comments:

Post a Comment