Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gourd Crafting for Children : Rocky Mount Gourds


We are having one of those rainy days here to day at Rocky Mount, so I am hoping I can get some gourd art work done!!

If you have little ones at home with you today and need something great for them to do now, or on another day, gourds are "the best"!!!

I am entering an image of "Wild and Wacky Birds" that I did with a kindergarten class several years ago when I worked in Arts in Education here in Louisiana.
All you need is an odd shaped gourd, primary colors of acrylic paints (so they can practice mixing colors themselves), water based polyurethane (after the paint has dried), tack glue, bright colored feathers (glue them on), wiggle eyes, and felt for a beak, if you like.

They all turned out just wonderful and the children enjoyed this so very much....I do miss this too.

But the time comes when we cannot work with 30 children at one time!!
Hope you have a Blessed day!!
For now,
The Gourd Lady of Rocky Mount, Louisiana, that is........

No comments:

Post a Comment